MKOBA PRIVATE EQUITY FUND
Mkoba Private Equity Fund (“Mkoba”) and/or its officers do not warrant in any way that the call for information and the provision thereof by any person constitutes an offer, and Mkoba does not in any manner whatsoever guarantee that funding will be provided, nor that by accepting the information and considering the application it is under any obligation to invest, or that a contract has been established.
The information contained on its website does not constitute an offer of, or an invitation to apply for securities in any jurisdiction where such an offer or invitation is unlawful, or in which the person making such an offer is not qualified to do so. Mkoba accepts no responsibility for the content of its web sites.
Mkoba does not make any guarantee or other promise as to any results that may be obtained from the information supplied. Applicants should ensure that any investment decision is not made without first consulting his or her own financial advisor and conducting his or her own research and due diligence. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Mkoba disclaims any and all liability in the event any information, commentary, analysis, opinions, advice and/or recommendations provided by Mkoba proves to be inaccurate, incomplete or unreliable, or result in any investment or other losses.
Whilst Mkoba respects every person’s right to privacy and confidentiality, Mkoba does not warrant the information provided will be treated as confidential nor that any information and any documents provided will be returned or destroyed. Accordingly Mkoba shall not be obliged to return any documents provided for any purpose whatsoever.
The content contained on or made available through the website is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice or investment advice.
Mkoba reserves the right to release your information when we believe release is necessary to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our rights or other people’s rights, property, or safety.
Check in list of questions (please provide responses to the questions below for us to consider the relevance and fit of your request for investment, to the strategy of our fund).
Please ensure that your company and financing requirements falls within Mkoba’s mandate and investment strategy.
Section 1 – General Information
If you have a presentation document or website link displaying this information please provide us with it and skip the corresponding items in this section. Otherwise, please let us know the following:
- Name of your company
- Location of headquarters and location of main subsidiaries
- Number of years of existence (date of start of operations)
- Shareholders (names of shareholder and percent shares held by each shareholder)
- Management team (names of Members of the executive team and roles)
- Number of employees
- Activities (by sector and country)
- Main markets served (countries and major regions within country)
- Key sales channels (name specific channel like direct sales, sales representatives, digital channels, preferred suppliers etc.)
- Important partners or contractual agreements (name of partner and type of contract)
- Your main competitors and your market share compared to them
- What you consider your top 3 obstacles in managing your business
Section 2 – Financials
Please provide us with your last 3 years audited financials and budget for the current year, on a consolidated basis. If you do not have these handy or do not want to share these at this stage, please provide (indicative list):
- Turnover, gross margin, EBIT margin over the last 3 accounting years
- A description of your main cost drivers
- Net assets, net debt, net working capital at close of the last 3 accounting years
- Budgeted key figures for the ongoing accounting year
- Projected increase of figures (1. – 3.) after investment, for next 3 years
Section 3 – Plans & Funding Requirements Here we would like to know:
- Your motivation for seeking funding from us
- How much funding are you requesting
- Growth and expansion objectives at your company and how you intend to achieve them
- The share your funding request with us is to your total growth or expansion investments
Please note that Mkoba funds actual capital needs of a company (capital expenditures, expansion plans, etc.) as well as individual shareholders of a company if the request is in relation to the shares the individual owns in their company (for instance if an individual is facing a capital call).
Thank you kindly for the interest you have shown to access funding from Mkoba. Mkoba Private Equity Fund follows a due diligence procedure that is undertaken in response to requests for finance. We have noted your interest and have submitted your request to the Screening Committee. The team will respond to you following the initial screening process.